Interested in learning more about your European ancestry? It's time for visiteurope.com’s Facebook fans to explore and share their roots with our latest contest – “Follow Your Roots: Visit Europe.”
To enter, submit a family photo and description (200 words or less) of the person(s) in the photo and their significance to following your roots back to Europe. Photo submissions can range from an aged passport photo of an ancestor to a new baby picture; a contemporary family photo to an old family portrait.
Following the submission period, a voting round will commence and the 10 entries with the highest number of votes will become contest finalists, subject to a judging round and eligible to win the grand prize.
The “Follow Your Roots: Visit Europe” contest submission period ends on November 28 at 12:00pm EST. Voting begins directly afterward and ends at 12:00pm EST on December 5. Judging takes place December 6 through December 9; and is based on judges’ preference and relevance to the contest theme.
The grand prizewinner will be announced on the Facebook wall on December 9 at 12:00pm EST.
• You must “Like” the visiteurope.com Facebook page to enter
• You must be at least 18 years old at time of entry
• Contest open to legal residents of the 50 United States (with the exception of Rhode Island)
• Your submission must contain original content that you own all the rights to
• Users may only submit one entry
• Users may only vote once for their favorite entry
• Photo must be accompanied by a description of 200 words or less
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||November 8, 2011 @ 12:00 PM (EST)||November 28, 2011 @ 12:00 PM (EST)|
|Voting round||November 28, 2011 @ 12:01 PM (EST)||December 5, 2011 @ 12:00 PM (EST)|
|Judging round||December 6, 2011 @ 12:00 PM (EST)||December 9, 2011 @ 12:00 PM (EST)|